Mister Babache

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Empower Your Mind to Adapt to Your Life Plan

We enthusiastically looked forward to our summer vacation. Our son was going with us and we had the new kitten in tow. We had stocked up the galley on the boat for 3 weeks of travel and had made all the arrangements at the marinas we were going to stay at. The boat had just come out of dry dock with some major work being completed and was as good as new if not better. My husband had worked hard for weeks before getting everything ready and I had been shopping and planning the month before. But, like all good plans we soon came to realize we had to go to another plan. When you travel by boat you always need Plan B, Mister babache C and probably D as well. As I reflected on the turn in events I realized that life is like traveling in a boat, one needs to be able to adapt to the other plans. We have to have the ability to change course and empower our minds instead of resisting the change in plan. That's what this article is about; empowering your mind to adapt to a different life plan when needed.
 
We were about 150 miles south of our point of embarkation.. It was a nice cruising day with a gentle wind and small swells. We had just finished an early lunch and I was trying to get my new kitten to use his litter box. He had only been on the boat for 2 days so he was still adjusting to his new surroundings. Beep, beep the shrill alarm of the fire alarm started blasting. I picked up the cat and ran upstairs and the smoke was filling the salon. I ran outside to find my husband and crew running down to the engine room. This is a boater's worst nightmare, a fire in the engine room.
 
There was some kind of plastic apparatus burning; something had malfunctioned on a new part. The crew managed to get things under control as far as the burning but it had caused damage to one of the hoses. We realized that we could not keep cruising, but had to call the tow boat to guide us back to the marina to repair the damage.
 
Our son reacted calmly even though he had traveled across the coast to have fun in the sun. My husband said we would figure out what the next plan was as I gave him an Aspirin for his headache and I accepted that this was meant to happen. There was no way around it so I decided I would go with the flow.
 
As I wait for the towboat to come I have empowered my mind to work with me and not against me and look forward to Plan B.
 
After all, in life we fare better if we are able to go with the flow of life's ups and downs and empower ourselves to adapt.

Do you want to learn more tools of empowerment? Live life on your terms, click on the following link: http://www.thegoddesswoman.com to learn more. Happy cruising in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment