Mister Babache

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Is SEO Really Important?

First of all, what is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. If you're new to this don't be put off by the technical words as all it means is your website being accessible to the search engines to improve the chances that search engines will serve your site when your potential customers type in a specific search term.

SEO focuses strongly on inflating rankings in the search engines through cost-effective techniques. To be honest you could pay for tools such as SEO Elite but realistically you do not need this over-rated tool, what you do need is fresh content that is highly RELEVANT! Yes this isn't a typing error, search engines search for fresh quality content that is relevant.

Fresh, Mister babache quality content?!

The reason for fresh content is because search engines are always looking for relevant content in order for them to separate it from the garbage. Garbage is highly IRRELEVANT content stuffed with repeated keywords being over-used in the hope to get seen by search engines. Quality is what will leave you there for years to come, even if your site goes down, your quality content will make its mark on the internet.

So coming back to the main question, is SEO really important?

Well, I'm sure you have figured out that by now that SEO is important.

Also have you heard about the power of Backlinks?

About 3 months ago before I shut one of my websites down, I had a go at building backlinks to see how effective they really were. My PR (PageRank) at the time was 3 and I exchanged a backlink with a site that was similar to mine, it was really well established and had a PR5. After a few weeks, I checked my Google Analytics and realised that my traffic had increased more than average and to my surprise my PR increased to 4.

Contrary to this, I wanted to see what will happen if I had a backlink to a site that had a low PR. So I found a site that had a PR1, even though I was reluctant to do so the site was little relevant to mine and didn't have much information that was useful hence the low PR. So I gave it about a week and checked up on Google Analytics, I saw that the website was giving me little traffic and so I then checked my PR which had come down to 2!!

I was shocked that a site with PR1 will have such a huge effect on my site, after that I learned from my mistake and since then I have never exchanged a backlink with a site with a low PR.

Do you have any questions about SEO or had any experience with Backlinks that you would like to share? Please don't hesitate to contact me with any queries or write a comment below. You can subscribe to my RSS to be notified of new useful posts. I'm also on Twitter, so add me please.

If you're worried about SEO and don't understand it, it is better explained in an ebook that I have wrote, to get your free copy please visit http://how-to-make-money-online.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment